Russia Airlines allows the transport of children of different age groups on board the aircraft. For small passengers, special conditions have been created for the flight. Tickets are sold at a discounted price.
When planning an air travel with a minor child on a Russian plane, parents are advised to familiarize themselves with the rules for transporting small children and some of the privileges provided by the carrier.
In this article, we will tell you how to transport a child on a Rossiya airline plane, are there any discounts and gifts for children, and how to use the escort service.
Rules for the flight of children with Russia Airlines
The planes of the popular Russian carrier can carry children of all ages, including babies.
Basic rules for transporting children on Russian airplanes:
- Children from birth to 5 years old can only fly if accompanied by an adult.
- The company allows for free domestic transportation of babies from 0 to 2 years old in the arms of an adult accompanying person, without buying a separate ticket.
- One adult can only carry one small child on an airplane. For the second and subsequent ones, you need to buy a ticket for a child's fare with the provision of a separate seat in the cabin.
- Transportation of babies up to two years of age on international routes is carried out at a rate of 10% from the cost of an adult ticket.
- Baggage allowance for children flying without an individual seat in the cabin is 10 kg per baggage piece.
- For children from 2 to 12 years old, a ticket is issued at a special rate (reduced price). All privileges provided by the tariff plan are fully preserved.
Flying with a baby
The company allows children of the first days of life to be transported on the plane. The transportation of the baby immediately after birth is carried out under special conditions. Parents or other legal representatives are required to sign a document on the release of liability from the carrier for the health and well-being of an infant after the flight.
The carrier may also require a medical document confirming the healthy condition of the baby and permission from the pediatrician to travel by air. We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with - flight by plane with children under 3 years old.
The Rossiya company offers passengers with babies special conditions for air travel. Some aircraft have special mounts for securing the bassinet. Parents can also transport a baby stroller on the liner free of charge. It can be taken to the salon as hand luggage, if the size of the case does not exceed the dimensions - 55x42x20 cm.
If the stroller being transported is large, the company will offer transportation in the cargo compartment of the liner as checked baggage. Parents can use the stroller up to the plane's ramp, after which it will be sent to the luggage compartment and released immediately after the liner arrives at its destination.
Important: passengers traveling with babies from birth to 2 years old can carry a stroller on a Russian plane free of charge. We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with - requirements for the carriage of baggage and carry-on baggage on the plane Russia.
The airline also allows you to take a car seat or other restraint for your toddler in the cabin. But these accessories can only be used with a child ticket that provides a separate passenger seat for the child.